I love easy dinner recipes that are packed with flavor, and this is definitely one of them! Not only are these fajitas downright delicious, there is also almost zero prep work involved, which makes them so easy and quick to make. No premixed seasoning packets, just a few basic spices and a whole lot of flavor! Another thing I really love about this dish is that there’s barely any cleanup afterwards. You simply toss everything in a bowl, spread it out on a sheet pan, throw it into the oven and you’re ready to eat twenty minutes later!
How you serve your fajitas is completely up to you. If you are Paleo or gluten-free, you could enjoy them in lettuce cups or on Siete Foods Tortillas. I topped mine with sweet salsa and queso fresco, while Andres devoured his with a little sour cream. Try this tasty fajita recipe, and I bet you won’t have a single piece leftover.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 0f each, red, yellow, orange and green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, halved and sliced into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Fresh limes
- 6-8 Flour Tortillas (depending on portion size)
- Queso Fresco
- Sour cream, salsa and/or avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat two rimmed sheet pans with oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sliced bell peppers and minced garlic.
- Add raw chicken and 4 tbsp oil.
- Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Mix with hands to coat chicken and peppers evenly with oil and spices.
- Spread evenly onto two sheet pans.
- Roast in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Toss mixture halfway through cooking. Be careful not to overcook the chicken or it will become dry.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, heat tortillas in skillet on stove.
- After baking, consolidate onto one sheet pan and top chicken and peppers with cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- Serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings.